Thursday 3 June 2010

Why Life is Grey

Normally I'm not in favour of abortion but, like so many issues, you end up in all sorts of problems if you treat it as a black and white issue. This is what the Roman Catholic Church has done in the US and excommunicated a nun who approved an abortion to save the mother's life. To me this is one of the grey areas where a bit of love and judgement have to be used. By agreeing to one abortion the nun was acting out of love for the mother and not, as far as I am aware, condoning abortion on demand.

This, to me, is one of the grey areas where dogma and love clash and it is important to let love win. To put it another way this is where 'What would Jesus do?' becomes a real not a hypothetical question.

Read more about this story here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1283480/U-S-Catholic-Church-facing-uproar-excommunicating-nun-saved-pregnant-womans-life-allowing-abortion.html

2 comments:

Unknown said...

you are invited to follow my blog

Anonymous said...

"This, to me, is one of the grey areas where dogma and love clash and it is important to let love win."

Fantastic summing up, thanks Dad.